Sunday 5 December 2010

A little gift


So it's snowing and Bruce, my Christmas Tree is ready to come inside. I bought him from the Manchester Market over five years ago, the definite runt of the pack I felt I HAD to take him in and everyone gave him a kind of, 'Wow, that's the one you picked...? He has so few branches... which I, of course, ignored and willed him through every Christmas. He now has a few branches in the middle too and spends his year gearing up for his big moment - CHRISTMAS! Folk send Bruce the Spruce decorations each year and he's now a famous tree. Of course my friends are sensitive enough to know that they can't send anything too heavy so as not to break his big moment (literally!). I've always been a bit of a roaming Gypsy and I've moved since I was born. Bruce has moved from house to house with me and has added a few roots to my year. I'll upload a photo when I decorate him tomorrow. Don't you dare laugh...

I've bought all my gifts and as soon as I get my passport back from the India Visa Application centre (where they seem to have lost it...) I'll be going home to Gibraltar to spend the fairy light season with my little brother and sister, watching films and playing Rabbids. I have a few weeks yet though and a few special gigs to go - namely the Wintersong gigs - one in Edinburgh at the Bongo Club and one at Matt & Phreds in Manchester on the 21st of December - both with full band. I've written new songs all based on Winter and we have a whole bunch of old Christmas songs arranged in our Troubadour fashion. Matt is arranging all sorts of beautifully warming Christmas flavours and I, outside of the writing am making giant bow ties for the band.

I've been asked by lots of folk where you can buy the album to give as gifts for Christmas which is really lovely of you so I can now share the shop with you. Click here - all the profits from the album and the artwork go straight to the band pot so I can keep the 8 piece out there playing and performing all our new stuff so your support goes to a creative cause. Thank you.

I wanted to share a little gift with you too so thought you might like to see the making of the artwork for 'Wish You Well' from the album so here you go...

Happy first Sunday of December x

No comments:

Post a Comment